'Paranormal Activity 4' Set for Release in 2012
Paramount announces it will pursue another installment in the hit fright franchise.
Horror fans can mark it down in their calendars -- there will be a Paranormal Activity 4 in 2012.
Paramount officially revealed Monday it is pursuing another chapter in the hit Halloween franchise, though it hasn't yet dated the movie. Already set to open on Oct. 26 is Dimension Films' Halloween 3D.
The success of the Paranormal Activity films, made on a shoestring budget, is a sizable victory for Paramount and producers Jason Blum, Oren Peli and Steven Schneider. Paranormal Activity 3 grossed $202.2 million worldwide -- besting the first two films, unusual for a third outing.
Paranormal Activity 3 opened to a massive $54 million at the domestic box office during the Oct. 21-23 weekend in 2011 -- the top launch of all time for a horror pic and the best October debut ever.
The first Paranormal, which cost $15,000 to produce and opened in a limited run in September 2009, went on to gross $193.4 million worldwide. Paranormal 2 cost $3 million to produce and grossed $177.5 million worldwide.
Paranormal Activity 3 cost $5 million to produce.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR