'Paranormal Activity' Producer Steven Schneider Pacts With Entertainment One
The Canadian producer will finance and distribute two movies annually from the successful micro-budget film producer as part of a freshly-inked agreement.
TORONTO - Entertainment One has pacted with Paranormal Activity producer Steven Schneider and Adi Shankar (The Grey) for micro-budget genre titles to push through its expanding distribution nework.
The multi-year film and TV production pact with Schneider and Shankar, both partners at Room 101 Inc., will see the duo deliver annually two movies that Entertainment One will finance, co-produce and distribute globally, excluding the U.S. market.
“With this co-financing venture, we are taking a more global approach to films, allowing all of our territories to distribute the slate and providing our international sales teams with highly-commercial pictures for distribution around the globe,” Patrice Theroux, president of filmed entertainment at Entertainment One said Monday.
Benedict Carver, senior vp of filmed entertainment at the Canadian producer, will stick-handle the Room 101 slate for Entertainment One.
Schneider followed-up Paranormal Activity with two sequels for Paramount, and a fourth entry to be released this October.
Schneider’s other producing credits include Insidious, another micro-budget movie that paid off for financier Alliance Films by bringing in $100 million worldwide.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR