Parents Television Council: TV Profanity Has Increased 69% in Five Years
8:09 AM PST 11/9/2010 by Lindsay Powers, Georg Szalai
Dirty words are now "far harsher," says president Tim Winter, who points to a 2,409% increase in the use of the f-word on primetime.
Profanity has risen 69% over the past five years on broadcast TV, according to a new study by the Parents Television Council that compared the first two weeks of the fall television season in 2005 and 2010.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile