Paris Attacks: ISIS Claims Responsibility
The terror group says France will remain a "top target" and says "eight brothers carrying explosive belts and guns" carried out the attacks.
ISIS said Saturday that it was responsible for Friday night's attacks in Paris that have so far left more than 120 dead.
In a statement released in French and Arabic, the Islamic State said that “soldiers of Caliphate targeted the capital of abomination and perversion.” The Caliphate is the name ISIS has given to the territory under its control.
The news was widely reported mid-day Paris time by the BBC, Sky News and others, which translated the statement into English.
The statement said: "Eight brothers carrying explosive belts and guns targeted areas in the heart of the French capital that were specifically chosen in advance: the Stade de France during a match against Germany, which that imbecile Francois Hollande was attending; the Bataclan where hundreds of idolaters were together in a party of perversity, as well as other targets in the 10th, 11th and 18th arrondissement."
The attacks were, according to ISIS, a response to insults directed at the Prophet Mohammed and air strikes by France on ISIS targets. It didn't say whether it organized the attacks or if they were inspired by ISIS.
"This attack is just the start of a storm and a warning for those who wish to draw lessons," the statement concluded.