Paris Attacks: Motorhead Cancels Sunday Concert

Robert John
Motorhead

The heavy metal band canceled their concert at the request of the Ministry of Culture, organizers said.

Following in the steps of U2 and the Foo Fighters, heavy metal band Motorhead has canceled a scheduled Sunday night concert in Paris after the terror attacks in the French capital on Friday night.

The show had been planned for the Zenith Theater in the northern 19th district of Paris. The band confirmed on Twitter that it was canceling the show.

"Because of the serious situation in Paris we have to postpone our gig until January. We are rescheduling and will give details ASAP," the band said in a tweet.

Show production company Gerard Drouot Productions posted a message on its Facebook page indicating the decision was made at the behest of the Ministry of Culture. "Following the tragic events that occurred last night in Paris, the Ministry of Culture has taken the decision to close the Zenith Paris — La Villette [on] Sunday, November 15," it said. "The official Motorhead concert scheduled ... is therefore postponed to a later date, probably on 21 January. We will confirm this report shortly."

French authorities have closed public spaces in Paris, including museums and theaters, and requested that all private cultural venues remain closed for the time being.

The company added that it had no additional information on upcoming shows and was awaiting further instructions from the Paris police.

Papa Roach is scheduled to play at the city's Olympia Theater on Monday, November 16. The band says they are still speaking with city authorities to decide if the concert will go ahead and will send out a statement once a decision is finalized.

Marilyn Manson is scheduled to perform on Monday, November 16 at the Zenith Theater but has not yet released any information.

comments powered by Disqus