Paris Jackson 'Physically Fine' After Alleged Suicide Attempt
The daughter of Michael Jackson was hospitalized Wednesday morning after reportedly cutting her wrists.
Paris Jackson is “physically fine” after being taken to the hospital Wednesday, according to an attorney for Michael Jackson’s mother.
"Being a sensitive 15-year-old is difficult no matter who you are," Perry Sanders Jr. wrote in a statement to The Associated Press. "It is especially difficult when you lose the person closest to you. Paris is physically fine and is getting appropriate medical attention. Please respect her privacy and the family's privacy.”
He did not comment on the circumstances leading to Paris’ hospitalization or give an update on her condition.
Debbie Rowe, Paris' mother, confirmed to Entertainment Tonight that her daughter had been hospitalized, saying Paris had "a lot going on." A source told CNN Paris had been taken to the hospital after cutting her wrists. TMZ reported Paris was taken out of her Calabasas, Calif., home on a stretcher around 2 a.m. about 30 minutes after an overdose was called into 911.
Howard Weitzman, attorney for the Estate of Michael Jackson, said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter: “Co-Executors John Branca and John McClain, wish to extend their heartfelt thoughts and prayers to Paris Jackson during this very difficult time. The Executors are fully committed to providing Paris with whatever assistance she requires in dealing with this situation and will be there for her.”
T.J. Jackson, the son of Tito Jackson, was named temporary guardian of the three children in July 2012 when Katherine Jackson went to a spa in Arizona and the children were unable to contact her during an extended absence. After a public battle among the family and legal maneuvering on Katherine Jackson’s part, her guardianship rights were reinstated with T.J. as a co-guardian.
In documents filed with L.A. Superior Court in March, it was revealed that T.J. Jackson receives $9,000 per month for his duties as co-guardian. The documents, filed by Katherine Jackson's legal representation, said her grandson spent four or five days a week with the children in the home they share with Katherine. The documents estimated he spends 60-80 hours weekly devoted to their care.
T.J. Jackson lives at a separate residence with his wife and three children. He also has two older stepchildren.
Paris has expressed interest in acting, and is signed to star in the film Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys, based on a series of children’s fantasy novels. An active Twitter user, she tweeted Tuesday "yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away now it looks as though they're here to stay," and earlier wrote "i wonder why tears are salty ?"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)