'Parkland' Trailer: Zac Efron, Ron Livingston Try to Save JFK (Video)
Billy Bob Thornton, Paul Giamatti and Marcia Gay Harden also star in the Tom Hanks-produced drama about the events surrounding the president's assassination and arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald.
Zac Efron tries to save JFK and Ron Livingston deals with his guilt over missing a chance to stop Lee Harvey Oswald in the first trailer for the new film Parkland.
The movie focuses on the behind-the-scenes people involved in events surrounding John F. Kennedy's assassination and the subsequent arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald. It stars Efron, Marcia Gay Harden, Billy Bob Thornton, Paul Giamatti and Livingston and was produced by Tom Hanks' Playtone banner.
In the trailer, a nervous Efron and Harden are shown trying to save JFK's life at Parkland Hospital. Giamatti's also shown as the infamous Zapruder cameraman.
The clip also teases a storyline in which Livingston's character knew about Oswald before he shot JFK and he and his colleagues could have stopped the assassination.
The movie is based on the book Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy by Vincent Bugliosi.
The film was written and directed by Peter Landesman.
Parkland is set to be released on Oct. 4 by Exclusive Media Group.
- Gone Too Soon: 8 Oscar Winners and Nominees Who Met Tragic Ends (Photos)
- Meet the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Cast (Photos)
- Vintage Malibu: Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe on the Beach (Photos)
- If the World Cup Were a Movie: Christian Bale as Lionel Messi, and 11 Other Casting Ideas (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- You've Never Seen Anything Like This Hand-Drawn Video Game
- 'Drunk History' Explains The Statue Of Liberty With A Little Help From Taran Killam
- 5 First Impressions of the Canceled Comedies We Forgot To Watch
- 'OITNB' Season 2: Those days Piper spent in solitary? For some prisoners in the U.S., it's decades on end