Participant Media Takes Equity Stake in Canada's Cineflix Media
The Canadian factual TV producer will develop and produce series with the veteran producer of social documentaries.
TORONTO - Participant Media has taken an equity stake in Canadian factual TV producer Cineflix Media.
The deal will see Montreal-based Cineflix partner with Participant to develop and produce TV series.
The agreement was unveiled by Jim Berk, CEO of Participant Media and Glen Salzman and Katherine Buck, founders and co-CEOs of Cineflix Media.
Cineflix began as a documentary producer before moving heavily into reality TV, more recently with American Pickers and other popular series.
Cineflix also launched itself into scripted TV production with a Los Angeles office, and its first series, Copper, for BBC America.
“Cineflix has grown over the past decade from an independent production start-up to an international media corporation, and our investment in this innovative company provides Participant with the talent and creative resources to expand our business into television.” Jim Berk said Tuesday in a statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'