Participant Media Takes Equity Stake in Canada's Cineflix Media
The Canadian factual TV producer will develop and produce series with the veteran producer of social documentaries.
TORONTO - Participant Media has taken an equity stake in Canadian factual TV producer Cineflix Media.
The deal will see Montreal-based Cineflix partner with Participant to develop and produce TV series.
The agreement was unveiled by Jim Berk, CEO of Participant Media and Glen Salzman and Katherine Buck, founders and co-CEOs of Cineflix Media.
Cineflix began as a documentary producer before moving heavily into reality TV, more recently with American Pickers and other popular series.
Cineflix also launched itself into scripted TV production with a Los Angeles office, and its first series, Copper, for BBC America.
“Cineflix has grown over the past decade from an independent production start-up to an international media corporation, and our investment in this innovative company provides Participant with the talent and creative resources to expand our business into television.” Jim Berk said Tuesday in a statement.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR