Pathe Int'l to Distribute Miramax's 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' Outside of N. America
Horror film produced by Guillermo del Toro and Mark Johnson stars Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce.
PARIS – Miramax and Pathe International are teaming up to turn on the lights across the globe for Don't be Afraid of the Dark with Pathe International set to distribute the Miramax-made film outside of North America, both companies said Friday.
The horror film produced by Guillermo del Toro and Mark Johnson stars Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce in acclaimed comic book illustrator Troy Nixey's directorial debut.
The story follows a little girl sent to live with her father and his girlfriend in an old mansion who accidentally unleashes malevolent creatures who are out to destroy them.
Pathe International will handle distribution for the title outside of North America and will kick off sales at the EFM in Berlin next month.
"We are thrilled to be partnering with Miramax, Guillermo and the film-makers to bring what is undoubtedly one of 2011's most eagerly awaited genre films to international audiences," Pathe's evp Francois Ivernel said.
Pathe and Miramax last partnered for Gnomeo and Juliette,which will hit French theaters on Feb. 16th.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR