Pathe Top Exec Francois Ivernel Leaves to Launch Production Company
The senior executive's London-based label Montebello Productions will open for business Monday.
PARIS -- Veteran Pathe executive Francois Ivernel is leaving the company to launch his own production company, Pathe announced in a statement this afternoon.
His production label, Montebello Productions, will open June 3 and be based in London.
“Having enjoyed working in many of the different areas of filmmaking, including production, distribution, international sales and exhibition, François Ivernel has decided to concentrate his energy on what he considers the most challenging, but also the most rewarding of all: feature film production,” the statement said.
In 2000, Ivernel became managing director of Pathe U.K. and was named CEO of production and distribution for France and U.K. in 2007. He assumed the role of CEO three years later following the departure of Franck Lebouchard.
Ivernel has most recently held several titles within the company, serving as chairman of the board and managing director of Les Cinémas Gaumont Pathé, deputy managing director of Pathe, as a member of its executive board and as president of Pathe U.K.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack