Pathe Top Exec Francois Ivernel Leaves to Launch Production Company
The senior executive's London-based label Montebello Productions will open for business Monday.
PARIS -- Veteran Pathe executive Francois Ivernel is leaving the company to launch his own production company, Pathe announced in a statement this afternoon.
His production label, Montebello Productions, will open June 3 and be based in London.
“Having enjoyed working in many of the different areas of filmmaking, including production, distribution, international sales and exhibition, François Ivernel has decided to concentrate his energy on what he considers the most challenging, but also the most rewarding of all: feature film production,” the statement said.
In 2000, Ivernel became managing director of Pathe U.K. and was named CEO of production and distribution for France and U.K. in 2007. He assumed the role of CEO three years later following the departure of Franck Lebouchard.
Ivernel has most recently held several titles within the company, serving as chairman of the board and managing director of Les Cinémas Gaumont Pathé, deputy managing director of Pathe, as a member of its executive board and as president of Pathe U.K.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s