EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Fugit Joining Cameron Crowe's 'Zoo'
Patrick Fugit is reuniting with his Almost Famous director Cameron Crowe for the Fox drama We Bought a Zoo.
Matt Damon toplines the movie, to which Scarlett Johansson is in final negotiations to join. Colin Ford will play Damon's son while Thomas Haden Church is Damon's brother.
Fugit's role is being kept secret.
Zoo is based on a memoir by Benjamin Mee, who used his life savings to buy a dilapidated zoo, replete with 200 exotic animals facing destruction, in the English countryside. Mee, along with his children, had to balance caring for his wife, who was dying of brain cancer, with dealing with escaped tigers, raising endangered animals, working with an eclectic skeleton crew and readying the zoo for a reopening.
Gersh-repped Fugit had a couple of TV gigs under his belt when he was cast as the center of Crowe's Oscar-winning Almost Famous. Since then, the actor has appeared in lower-budgetted fare such as Saved! and Wristcutters: A Love Story. He was last seen in Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR