Patrick Stewart, 72, Tries New York Pizza for First Time (Photo)
The star of the X-Men films has lived in Brooklyn since the summer of 2012.
He's boldly gone where no one has gone before -- except, it seems, a New York pizza shop.
Sir Patrick Stewart surprised and amused his fans on Thursday when he tweeted a photo of himself sipping on a soda, a slice of authentic tomato pie folded in his left hand.
"My first ever pizza 'slice,' " reads the caption. "Please note: the authentic NY fold."
The odds that the 72-year-old star of the X-Men films and Star Trek: The Next Generation has somehow managed to avoid eating a slice of New York pizza in his lifetime seem astronomical -- especially since he has called Brooklyn his home since last summer, when he moved into a $2.5 million duplex in Park Slope.
Still, there's a first time for everything.
But what are the chances that the actor, donning a Montreal Canadiens cap, has ever tried poutine?
UPDATE: Stewart later tweeted, "To clarify: 1) I've never had a "slice" 2) I've been a Habs fan all of 4 weeks 3) I'm also a fan of Bloomberg's soda legislation."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR