Patrick Stewart, Carla Gugino, Matthew Lillard Starring in 'Match'
Stephen Belber is writing and directing the adaptation of his Broadway play.
Patrick Stewart, Carla Gugino and Matthew Lillard will star in Match, an adaptation of Stephen Belber’s 2004 Broadway play that Berber is writing and directing.
Stewart will play a reclusive former choreographer whose visit by a couple (Gugino and Lillard) interested in learning about dance in the 1960s forces him to face the impact of long-ago decisions.
The film, which has begun production in New York City, is being produced by David Permut, Rick Rosenthal and Matt Ratner. Executive producing are David Beitchman, Adam Brawer, Chris Mangano, Nick Morton and Larry Kopeikin. Steve Longi, Katie Mustard and Terry Leonard are serving as co-producers. It is a co-production of Permut Presentations, Tilted Windmill Productions, Sentinel Pictures and Whitewater Films and is being represented domestically by ICM Partners.
Belber, repped by ICM Partners and Brillstein Entertainment, wrote and directed 2008’s Management, starring Jennifer Aniston and Steve Zahn, and is developing an untitled dramatic thriller for FX.
Stewart, repped by WME and Independent Talent Group, recently was heard as the narrator of the hit comedy Ted and will appear in the next installment of the X-Men film franchise, X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Gugino, repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, most recently starred in the USA Network miniseries Political Animals.
Lillard, repped by Paradigm, most recently appeared onscreen in Trouble With the Curve.
Permut most recently produced Struck by Lightning, written by and starring Chris Colfer, and his Permut Presentations is prepping The Conscientious Objector with Walden Media, to be directed by Randall Wallace. Mangano has been an executive with Permut Presentations since 2007.
Rosenthal and his Whitewater Films are executive producers on Open Heart, which is nominated for an Academy Award as best documentary short.
Match marks the debut feature film for Tilted Windmill Productions, founded by Ratner in 2011. It is the first foray into production for Sentinel Pictures, which Beitchman and Brawer founded in 2010.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10