Boston Marathon Bombing: Patton Oswalt's Facebook Plea
In a post with more than 200,000 "likes," the actor, writer and standup comic says "When you spot violence, look it in the eye and think, 'The good outnumber you, and we always will.'"
Patton Oswalt knows terrorism can ruin a person's faith in humanity.
But, in a Facebook post that's been "liked" more than 200,000 times and shared more than 140,000 times, the actor, writer and standup comicsays Monday's "f-cking horrible" bombing at the Boston Marathon can still be cause for hope.
"I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, 'Well, I've had it with humanity.' But I was wrong," Oswalt wrote. "I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.
"But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out."
Read the rest of Oswalt's notes - and see some of the more than 7,000 comments, here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game