Paul Allen sues Apple, eBay over patents
Claims major firms using technology without permission
Microsoft co-founder and early DreamWorks investor Paul Allen sued Apple, Facebook, Google, eBay and seven other companies on Friday, according to The Wall Street Journal.
The lawsuit claims that Allen owns patents on technology that is being used without his permission by some of the world's most innovative companies.
Allen claims the technology was developed at Interval Research, a company he co-founded in 1992 and folded eight years later.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR