'Paul Blart: Mall Cop' Sequel Finds a Director (Exclusive)
Kevin James, who also co-wrote the script, will again star as the milquetoast security guard.
Andy Fickman is in talks to direct a sequel to Paul Blart: Mall Cop for Sony Pictures.
The director will be the new addition to the creative team that made the 2009 comedy, which became a surprise hit when it made $146 million domestically.
Kevin James is back as Blart, the milquetoast security guard who will have to step up one for another adventure, and also back as co-writer along with Nick Bakay; the two wrote the original.
Todd Garner is returning as producer, as is Adam Sandler and his Happy Madison shingle. James is also producing. An April start is being planned.
Steve Carr directed the first installment.
Fickman, repped by WME and Management 360, last directed Parental Guidance, the 2012 comedy that starred Billy Crystal and grossed $77 million domestically. Other credits include You Again, the Disney comedy that starred Kristen Bell and Sigourney Weaver, and the 2009 remake of Escape to Witch Mountain.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!