Paul Brigner Hired as MPAA's First Chief Technology Policy Officer
The Motion Picture Association of America, which has taken a leading role in protecting entertainment content worldwide, has created a new position for a chief technology policy officer to spearhead issues impacting the protection of intellectual property.Paul Brigner, who has also been named senior vice president, will report to Bob Pisano, MPAA president and interim CEO, and will be based at Washington, D.C. headquarters when he begins on Jan. 10. He will also be involved in creating industry standards to help consumers access content in the digital era. “Paul’s depth and breadth of experience will be crucial as he helps steer our members through a rapidly changing technological landscape. With his counsel, we will continue to strike a balance between protecting the intellectual property rights of our members and our continuing desire to provide fans around the world with the content they enjoy in the format of their choice,” Pisano said in a statement. Brigner, who has a MBA and law degree from Georgetown, most recently was executive director, Internet and technology policy for Verizon, and held senior positions at Digital Focus and Cambridge Technology Partners.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay