Paul Feig, Judd Apatow reteaming
Kristen Wiig starring in Universal project
BERLIN -- "Freaks and Geeks" creator Paul Feig is reteaming with Judd Apatow, who executive produced and was a writer and director on that series.
Feig will direct Universal's untitled wedding-themed comedy starring Kristen Wiig, who with Annie Mumolo wrote the screenplay about two women battling to plan their friend's wedding party.
Apatow will produce, through his Apatow Prods. banner, with Barry Mendel. Wiig and Mumolo will co-produce, with Feig serving as exec producer.
The project has acquired some heat in recent weeks, also attracting the interest of "Flight of the Conchords" co-creator James Bobin who flirted with it before opting to take on Disney's new muppet movie project.
Universal vp production Erik Baiers and director of development Maradith Frenkel are overseeing for the studio.
The CAA-repped Feig helmed 2006's "Unaccompanied Minors."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!