Paul McCartney Says Beatles Split All on John Lennon
" 'Does this have to be final? Could we do a couple of gigs or can we think about this tomorrow?,' " the former Beatle member recalled of a conversation with his fellow bandmates.
Paul McCartney isn't letting the breakup of the Beatles go.
In an interview with Geoff Lloyd on Absolute Radio, McCartney blamed the group's demise on John Lennon.
"Basically me, George [Harrison] and Ringo [Starr] said, 'Does this have to be final? Could we do a couple of gigs or can we think about this tomorrow?,' " McCartney recalled. "But John was off with Yoko [Ono] and he was saying, 'No, no, it's great -- I feel a release,' and all that. So that was kind of final."
In the same interview, he also noted that he believed his fellow Beatles bandmate Starr should be knighted. McCartney is the only Beatle with knight status.
Earlier this month, McCartney attended the Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil for its fifth anniversary. He will also perform two shows at New York's Yankee Stadium in addition to dates in Chicago, Detroit and Cincinnati later this summer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR