Paul McCartney Shows Love for 'Love'
The former Beatle said the Cirque du Soleil show, celebrating its 5th anniversary, "is still the hottest thing in town."
Cirque du Soleil's Love celebrated its fifth anniversary with a special performance attended by former Beatle Paul McCartney at Las Vegas' Mirage Hotel and Casino Wednesday.
McCartney was accompanied by his fiancee Nancy Shevell along with Yoko Ono and son Sean Ono Lennon, Olivia and Dhani Harrison, Beatles’ record producer George Martin and Martin’s son, Love soundtrack collaborator Giles Martin.
McCartney told the crowd, "this started five years ago, and it's still the hottest thing in town."
The show started in 2006 and it has been an extraordinary success, playing for more than four million people so far at an average ticket price of $150 per person. The show’s actual anniversary is on June 30, but the celebration happened early because McCartney was in town for his tour.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)