Paul McCartney to Sing for BBC's 6Music Live Concert Session
The star joins Polica, Goldfrapp, Manic Street Preachers and Sigur Ros in an eclectic lineup billed as forming "the core heritage backbone" of the BBC radio station.
LONDON – Paul McCartney has added his legendary name to the playlist of artists who will perform a session as part of BBC radio's 6Music live concerts in October.
McCartney will join Polica, Goldfrapp, Manic Street Preachers and Sigur Ros on the series entitled "6Music Live at Maida Vale," presented by radio and TV host Lauren Laverne.
From Oct. 14 through Oct. 18, Laverne's 6Music show will feature live performances from "those who form the core heritage backbone of BBC 6 Music, to newer artists who have been championed by the network."
Laverne said that a lineup "of this caliber and range is one you’ll only find on 6 Music."
Radio 2 and 6Music chief Jeff Smith said the 6Music Live sessions have "come of age in 2013" and that the inclusion of "the world's most loved singer-songwriter" McCartney signaled a "dream come true, especially for the lucky listeners who will also be able to watch Paul McCartney perform live," referencing a recorded as-live BBC web stream of the event on digital platforms later in the day.
McCartney played at the Maida Vale studios with John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr in the 1960s in the heyday of The Beatles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR