Paul Reubens Joins Charlie Kaufman's 'Frank or Francis'
The actor joins an all-star cast that includes Jack Black, Elizabeth Banks, and Steve Carell for the film about the fight between a director and a blogger.
Paul Reubens is the latest actor to join the cast of Charlie Kaufman’s Frank or Francis.
The project is a musical satire tackling Hollywood and features a star-studded cast that includes Jack Black, Elizabeth Banks, Nicolas Cage, Steve Carell, Catherine Keener and Kevin Kline.
The story centers on a contentious dispute between Frank, an intellectual film director (Carell) and Francis, an online blogger (Black) who still lives with his parents and who delights in attacking the man’s films.
Cage plays an actor who is famous for his high-concept films while Kline will play the director of the world’s top-grossing movie as well as the character’s brother, who turns into an animatronic head. Banks will play a highly-regarded actress making formulaic comedy bombs who is having an affair with Carell’s Frank.
Reubens will play an old-school film critic.
Anthony Bregman of A Likely Story is producing.
Despite certain reports, THR can confirm Kate Winslet is not in the cast.
Reubens voiced the character of Jokey in The Smurfs and last appeared on the big-screen in Todd Solonz’s Life During Wartime. His HBO special, The Pee-wee Herman Show on Broadway, was nominated for three Emmies. Reubens is repped by WME, Vie Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR