Paul Rudd on 'Anchorman 2': 'We Hope It's Good' (Video)
The actor jokes that his growing hair looks like "John Taylor from Duran Duran," but he "can't wait" to begin shooting in March.
Details surrounding the highly-anticipated sequel to 2004's Anchorman are slowly being revealed, with Paramount announcing a Dec. 20, 2013, release date on Wednesday.
Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter at a press day for his current film, This is 40, Paul Rudd said that he "can't wait" to begin shooting, even though the project has been "shrouded in secrecy."
Adds Leslie Mann, whose husband Judd Apatow is producing the film, "I heard it's really good."
Production for the film is expected to get underway in March, with Apatow joking that the plot is "more secret than the next Star Wars" in an interview with MTV News. Adding, "We read it a few weeks ago and people were laughing so hard that at about 40 minutes in we all just ran out of gas. It was hard to read the whole thing because we got tired [from laughing]."
Indeed, while the Universal sequel will reunite Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, David Koechner, Christina Applegate and Rudd, as the oversexed field reporter Brian Fantana, little is known about what types of high jinks the group will get into this time around.
"I don't know much about it," says Rudd. "I know that that's the reason my hair looks like John Taylor from Duran Duran right now."
Hair aside, Rudd says he's most looking forward to being reunited with the team. "It was so fun to do," he says of the first film.
In the meantime, This is 40 (written and directed by Apatow) hits theaters Friday, complete with plenty of hair jokes at Rudd's expense.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services