Paul Rudd Boards Errol Morris' Cryonics Movie
The untitled project is based on a memoir by Robert F. Nelson and a "This American Life" segment.
Paul Rudd is attached to star in Errol Morris' first non-documentary film since 1991's Dark Wind.
The untitled project, written by Stranger Than Fiction scribe Zack Helm, is based on We Froze the First Man, a memoir by Robert F. Nelson, and a This American Life segment titled "You're Cold as Ice."
The movie will tell the story of first man to be cryonically preserved. It is unclear whether Rudd will play Nelson, the man who helped invent the technology used in the 1960s procedure or James Bedford, the dying man who was frozen.
This American Life's Ira Glass and Alissa Shipp are producing as is Steve Zaillian's Film Rites shingle.
Rudd, repped by UTA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, next stars the comedies Our Idiot Brother and Wanderlust. He just began shooting Judd Apatow's latest directorial project, an untitled comedy in which Rudd reprises his role from Knocked Up.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws