Paul Rudd in 'Our Idiot Brother': What Critics Say
With Hurricane Irene putting a damper on the weekend box office, reviewers were mixed on the family feature.
Paul Rudd's latest film Our Idiot Brother is going up against one of its toughest opponents: Mother Nature.
With Hurricane Irene hitting the East Coast this weekend and movie chains closing theaters, box office performance for Our Idiot Brother, which opened on Friday, will be greatly affected. But The Hollywood Reporter's John DeFore said that the dysfunctional family comedy "ambles instead of snowballing and treats its good-hearted hero pretty shabbily."
The Los Angeles Times' Betsy Sharkey praised Rudd's performance in the film. "You can thank Paul Rudd for the natural high that keeps Our Idiot Brother floating along so amusingly," she wrote.
The Newark Star-Ledger's Stephen Whitty wasn't a fan of the movie as well, asking, "Dude, where's the movie?" Globe and Mail's Rick Groen says, "Strange, then, how Our Idiot Brother wastes its lone asset -- there's not enough idiot, and far too many boring savants."
Toronto Star's Peter Howell was slightly more positive. "A film that offers dumb fun, but in reality may be crazy like a fox," he wrote.
Boston Herald's James Verniere wasn't as nice, saying, "The film rests pretty squarely on comedy film favorite Rudd, and he delivers a sweetly cockeyed performance as the film’s resident moron. But this Little Mister Sunshine is just too dim."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack