Paul Rudd Negotiating to Join Tina Fey's 'Admission'
Rudd is in talks to play the male lead opposite Fey in the comedic drama written by Karen Croner and directed by Paul Weitz.
Paul Rudd has entered negotiations to co-star with Tina Fey in Admission, Focus Features' comedic drama starring the 30 Rock actress.
Paul Weitz (About a Boy) is directing the project from Karen Croner's script about an unmarried college admissions counselor (Fey) who strikes up a romance with a man (Rudd) she knew when she was in school.
A late-spring shoot is being planned during Fey's hiatus from NBC's 30 Rock, which has yet to be picked up for Season 7.
Rudd, whose interest in the project surfaced on LATimes.com last week, most recently starred opposite Jennifer Aniston in the comedies Wanderlust and Zooey Deschanel in Our Idiot Brother. He next appears in Judd Apatow's This Is Forty, a sequel of sorts to Knocked Up, and the John Malkovich-produced The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Fey hasn't starred in a film since the 2010 hit Date Night.
Weitz, who rose to prominence with American Pie, most recently directed the indie dramedy Being Flynn for Focus.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR