Paul Telegdy Upped at NBC
In the wake of the success of 'The Voice,' the unscripted chief adds late-night to his portfolio, replacing 31-year veteran Rick Ludwin.
Paul Telegdy has been upped to the newly created position of President of alternative and late-night programming at NBC.
The promotion puts late-night in Teledgy's portfolio and follows on the heels of the breakout success of singing competition The Voice, which he shepherded as head of unscripted at NBC.
At late night, Telegdy replaces Rick Ludwin, a 31-year NBC veteran who has held various programming posts at the network. Ludwin will become a consultant at NBC.
"I couldn't have asked for or imagined a more rewarding job than the one I've had at NBC,” said Ludwin in a statement. “To have been a part of TV history with Seinfeld, our late night franchises, Saturday Night Live and with all our producers, writers and talent has been unbelievable."
It is the latest in a string of executive moves for Greenblatt, who took over as entertainment chairman last January at the completion of the NBCUni-Comcast merger. Earlier this week, Greenblatt announced the renaming of in-house studio -- which has a new topper in Bela Bajaria -- to Universal Television.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead