Paul Walker to Star in Fred Durst's 'Pawn Shop Chronicles' (Berlin)
BERLIN -- Paul Walker is starring in Pawn Shop Chronicles, a thriller that Fred Durst will direct.
Jordan Schur and David Mimran of Mimran Schur Pictures are producing with Steven Schneider, who produces via his Room 101 shingle. Durst, lead singer of Limp Bizkit, is also producing.
Lionsgate is handling international sales and will also distribute domestically.
"This is a hillbilly Pulp Fiction," said Schur, calling the script "fast-moving and action-packed. It's also very funny. It's got all these elements to really pack a punch."
The interconnected stories center on a missing wedding ring which leads to a wild-goose chase involving meth addicts, skinheads and an Elvis impersonator.
Actor-turned-scribe Adam Minarovich, who at one point worked in a pawn shop in North Carolina, wrote the script.
The producers hope to shoot this spring in Michigan.
Walker next stars in Fast Five, the latest installment of Universal's The Fast and the Furious franchise. He is repped by Luber Roklin Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws