Paula Abdul Sues Tanning Company Alleging She Was Burned
The former "American Idol" judge filed a personal injury lawsuit on Thursday against UVASUN, claiming that she burned her leg during a tanning treatment.
Paula Abdul is claiming that she got burned -- literally.
The 51-year-old singer filed a lawsuit on Thursday against UVASUN West, Inc., stating that she suffered severe burns on Jan. 20, 2012, following a tanning treatment.
In the legal documents filed at Los Angeles Superior Court, Abdul alleges that she purchased a SlimStar infrared body wrap treatment, which was applied "negligently, carelessly and recklessly" and led her to suffer "severe and painful burns all over her body, with an especially severe second- or third-degree burn on a portion of the plaintiff's left thigh."
According to the lawsuit, a copy of which was obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, the injuries continue to cause the plaintiff "great mental, physical and nervous strain, pain and suffering, and loss of earnings potential," and required her to seek medical attention and expenses.
It is also claimed that the dancer and choreographer suffered a loss of income due to the injuries, the value of which is not known at this time.
Abdul is seeking unspecified amounts in excess of $25,000.
The plaintiff is represented by Los Angeles law firm Cheong, Denove, Rowell & Bennett.
THR has reached out to the defendants for comment and will update with a response.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR