Paula Deen Surges Past 'Game of Thrones' to Top Spot on Amazon
Not due on shelves until Oct. 15, the book from the embattled cooking star is one of two in the Top 10.
Paula Deen's forthcoming cookbook, Paula Deen's New Testament, has surged past best-sellers by the likes of Dan Brown, Stephen King and Game of Thrones writer George R.R. Martin to take the top spot on Amazon's sales charts.
The book charted in the 1,500s on Monday and by Wednesday it was at No. 18.
The Southern TV cook has faced widespread outrage and dwindling endorsement deals since a deposition was released last week in which she admitted to using a racial slur for African-Americans in the past, and discussed her wish to mount a "true Southern plantation-style" wedding.
Scheduled to hit shelves on Oct. 15, the book is Deen's first with Random House. Another Deen cookbook, 2011's Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible, currently resides at No. 7 on the best-sellers list.
In addition, five of the Top 10 books on the Amazon's movers and shakers list of books that have jumped the most in the past 24 hours are Deen-related.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack