Paula Wagner to Produce 2013 Governors Awards
The 5th annual event will take place at The Ray Dolby Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland Center on Saturday, Nov. 16.
Paula Wagner will produce the 2013 Governors Awards for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, it was announced Thursday.
Angelina Jolie will be given the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, and three Honorary Awards will be presented to Angela Lansbury, Steve Martin and Piero Tosi, at the fifth annual event at The Ray Dolby Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland Center on Saturday, Nov. 16.
Wagner has produced or executive-produced more than 20 feature films, including Vanilla Sky, The Others, The Last Samurai and the first three Mission: Impossible films. She began her career as an actress and also worked for CAA as an agent before co-founding Cruise/Wagner Productions and serving as CEO for United Artists.
“Paula’s expertise, coupled with her love for film, makes her the ideal person to produce this special event,” Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs said in a statement. “She is certain to deliver an exciting and memorable evening for our honorees and guests.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'