Paula Weinstein Joins Tribeca Enterprises as Exec VP
The veteran film producer will continue to oversee her slate at Spring Creek Prods., a company she founded in 1990 that has produced more than 30 films for the big screen and TV.
Veteran film producer Paula Weinstein has been named executive VP of Tribeca Enterprises.
Weinstein will develop and oversee the company’s international partnerships, manage studio relations for the Tribeca Film Festival and Doha Tribeca Film Festival and work closely with chief creative officer Geoff Gilmore on the Tribeca Film Festival.
She will be based in New York City and Los Angeles.
Weinstein will continue to oversee her slate at Spring Creek Prods., a company she founded in 1990 that has produced more than 30 films for the big screen and TV, including The Perfect Storm, Blood Diamond, Analyze This, The Fabulous Baker Boys and the Emmy-winning HBO titles Truman and Recount.
She previously held several studio production positions, including posts at Warner Bros., 20th Century Fox and United Artists, where she served as president.
Weinstein began her career as an assistant film editor in New York and later served as special events director for Mayor John Lindsay, where she brought cultural productions and street festivals to communities across the city. She has received numerous honors during her career, including the National Urban League Award, the Bill of Rights Award and the Crystal Award for Women in Film. Weinstein also has served on the boards of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and the ACLU and currently serves on the National Finance Committee for President Obama.
"Paula is a talented producer and a long-time associate, and it is my pleasure to welcome her to the Tribeca family," said Tribeca Enterprises CEO and co-founder Jane Rosenthal. "As we continue to grow in our second decade and explore new opportunities as producers and content creators both at home and around the world, I know Paula’s leadership and experience will be invaluable."
Added Weinstein: "I’ve been a longtime champion of the Tribeca brand and have followed its evolution from the first festival to its presence around the world. In a fast-changing industry, Jane and (co-founder Robert De Niro) have continued to create innovative ways for filmmakers to reach audiences."
The 12th annual Tribeca Film Festival runs April 17-28 in New York.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche