Paz Vega Joining Jeremy Renner in 'Kill the Messenger' (Exclusive)
Paz Vega is joining Jeremy Renner in Kill the Messenger, Focus Features’ adaptation of the true-life drama book by Nick Schou.
Michael Cuesta, who has helmed episodes of Homeland and Dexter, is directing the picture, which is being produced by Scott Stuber and Renner.
Messenger tells the true story of Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb who through his reporting exposed the CIA’s involvement in helping Nicaragua's Contra rebels import cocaine into California during the 1980s. The agency then tried to discredit him, which ultimately led to his “committing suicide,” though with two bullets to his head.
Vega will play the girlfriend of a wealthy dealer who is in jail and hopes that Webb can get him out.
The production plans an August start in Atlanta.
Vega will appear in Grace of Monaco as legendary opera singer Maria Callas opposite Nicole Kidman and recently wrapped Paul W.S. Anderson's historical drama Pompeii. She is repped by WME and Radius Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR