Paz Vega to Play Maria Callas in 'Grace of Monaco'
Nicole Kidman stars in the film, directed by Olivier Dahan.
Paz Vega has been cast as the tempestuous opera singer Maria Callas in Grace of Monico, in which Nicole Kidman stars as Grace Kelly, the Hollywood actress who became Princess Grace of Monaco.
Olivier Dahan, who helmed the Edith Piaf biopic La vie en rose, is directing the project from a script by Arash Amel. Pierre-Ange Le Pogam of Paris-based Stone Angels is producing along with Udaf Chopra of YRF Entertainment, the Hollywood-based banner of Yash Raj Films.
The film focuses on a six-month period in 1962 when Monaco was in a dispute with France and Princess Grace worked behind the scenes to prevent a coup. At the time, Grace came to know Callas, who was carrying on an affair with Greek millionaire Aristotle Onassis.
Vega, repped by WME and Management Production Entertainment, also has a role in Pedro Almodovar’s upcoming film, I’m So Excited.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR