Paz Vega to Play Maria Callas in 'Grace of Monaco'
Nicole Kidman stars in the film, directed by Olivier Dahan.
Paz Vega has been cast as the tempestuous opera singer Maria Callas in Grace of Monico, in which Nicole Kidman stars as Grace Kelly, the Hollywood actress who became Princess Grace of Monaco.
Olivier Dahan, who helmed the Edith Piaf biopic La vie en rose, is directing the project from a script by Arash Amel. Pierre-Ange Le Pogam of Paris-based Stone Angels is producing along with Udaf Chopra of YRF Entertainment, the Hollywood-based banner of Yash Raj Films.
The film focuses on a six-month period in 1962 when Monaco was in a dispute with France and Princess Grace worked behind the scenes to prevent a coup. At the time, Grace came to know Callas, who was carrying on an affair with Greek millionaire Aristotle Onassis.
Vega, repped by WME and Management Production Entertainment, also has a role in Pedro Almodovar’s upcoming film, I’m So Excited.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David