Peaches Geldof Death 'Drug Related,' Says Coroner

3:37 AM PST 07/23/2014 by Abid Rahman
AP Images
Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose

The British TV presenter died of a heroin overdose in April, 14 years after the death of her mother Paula Yates.

An inquest into the tragic death of British TV presenter Peaches Geldof has revealed that she died of a heroin overdose. Geldof was 25 years old. 

Geldof was found dead in her Kent home on April 7, with police at the time noting her death was "unexplained and sudden." A toxicology report was issued in May that showed Geldof had heroin in her system, leading police to launch a criminal inquiry "into the supply of drugs" related to her death.  

PHOTOS Hollywood's 100 Favorite Films

Geldof, full name Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof-Cohen, was a recovering heroin addict and had been taking methodone for two and half years before her death. Her husband, musician Tom Cohen, told the inquiry that his wife had relapsed and began to take heroin again in February. Cohen said his late wife was hiding drugs around their home and he had witnessed her flushing them down the toilet.  

Daughter of Irish rock singer and Live Aid organizer Sir Bob Geldof and British TV presenter Paula Yates, Geldof's life had been scarred by tragedy. She was 11 when Yates died of a heroin overdose in September 2000, her mother never truly recovering from the suicide of partner Michael Hutchence, lead singer of Australian rock band INXS in November 1997.

comments powered by Disqus