Peaches to Perform at Sundance London 2013
The musician, DJ and producer's directorial debut, "Peaches Does Herself" will also get its U.K. premiere at the festival.
LONDON -- Electro-pop provocateur Peaches is the first musician booked for the second Sundance London film and music festival, organized by the Sundance Institute and staged in partnership with the O2 venue in the British capital.
A musician, DJ, producer and now filmmaker, Peaches will perform at indigO2 in the O2 on April 26. Sundance London will also play host to the U.K. premiere of Peaches' directorial debut, Peaches Does Herself.
The indie star's debut album The Teaches of Peaches came out in 2000 and her three LPs since -- Fatherf----- (2003), Impeach my Bush (2006) and I Feel Cream (2009) -- have each edgily explored her interests in gender, sex, politics and banging electro pop.
Directed and written by Peaches, and billed as an electro rock opera, Peaches Does Herself sees the performer follow the advice of an old stripper to make sexually forthright music and chronicles Peaches' rise in popularity and her love affair with a transsexual, which ultimately leads her to realize who she really is.
The film stars Peaches, Danni Daniels, Sandy Kane, Mignon, Sweet Machine Band and Jolly Goods.
About her U.K. appearance, Peaches said: "I am totally thrilled to be selected for Sundance London and to bring my live show to town in conjunction with the screening. Peaches Does Herself gave me a new way to express my views on gender, age, performance and entertainment in general. It digs deeper into what I stand for as an artist while exploring the images and misconceptions surrounding my work."
Peaches is the first headline act booked by Sundance London music programmer Jon Dunn. Dunn is a U.K. music promoter, curator and booker.
His resume boasts U.K. tours with Arcade Fire, MIA, The National and Anthony and the Johnsons, and now he is a festival curator for a trio of music events -- Latitude and The Big Chill and Electric Picnic Festival.
Sundance London will run April 25-28 this year.
The second edition will again bring a selection of American independent films fresh from the 2013 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, as well as live music performances, panels and events.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!