Pedro Almodovar's 'I'm So Excited!' to Open Los Angeles Film Festival
The Sony Pictures Classics release is scheduled to open theatrically June 28.
Pedro Almodvar’s I’m So Excited! has been selected to open the Los Angeles Film Festival, which kicks off June 13.
The Spanish director’s latest film is a comedy set aboard a jetliner experiencing lots of mid-flight turbulence. Sony Pictures Classics will release it in the U.S. on June 28.
"Pedro Almódovar is the cinematic gift who keeps on giving," David Ansen, the festival’s artistic director, said. "For four decades he's amazed us with movies that are funny and dangerous, lovable and challenging, subversive and wildly inventive. It's a privilege and pleasure to present his latest comic treasure as our opening night film."
The festival, presented by Film Independent, is once again returning to downtown Los Angeles, where it will be headquartered at L.A. Live. The fest runs from June 13-23.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR