Pee Wee Herman, Jimmy Kimmel Mock Melissa Leo in Emmys 'Consideration Ad'
They pose in tongue-in-cheek "For Your Consideration" ads to try and woo Emmy voters.
Pee-Wee Herman and Jimmy KImmel are taking a cue from Melissa Leo.
They have posed in a tongue-in-cheek “For Your Consideration” ads to try and woo Emmy voters.
Their ads mock Leo’s ad that she took out to campaign for the Academy Awards earlier this year.
Just like Leo’s ad, Herman wears a sexy fur coat and poses by a pool. "Consider ... The Pee Wee Herman Show on Broadway," the ad reads. As for Kimmel, he wears a low-cut black dress, similar to the duds worn by Leo in another "Consider" ad that she took out during the Oscar race.
Leo faced criticism for her ad, but defended it.
"This entire awards process to some degree is about pimping yourself out,” she told the New York Times. “I'm confident my fans will understand the ads were about showing a different side of myself."
The ad seems to have worked too - Leo won the Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for The Fighter.
The 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards air Sept. 18 on FOX.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!