Pee Wee Herman, Jimmy Kimmel Mock Melissa Leo in Emmys 'Consideration Ad'
They pose in tongue-in-cheek "For Your Consideration" ads to try and woo Emmy voters.
Pee-Wee Herman and Jimmy KImmel are taking a cue from Melissa Leo.
They have posed in a tongue-in-cheek “For Your Consideration” ads to try and woo Emmy voters.
Their ads mock Leo’s ad that she took out to campaign for the Academy Awards earlier this year.
Just like Leo’s ad, Herman wears a sexy fur coat and poses by a pool. "Consider ... The Pee Wee Herman Show on Broadway," the ad reads. As for Kimmel, he wears a low-cut black dress, similar to the duds worn by Leo in another "Consider" ad that she took out during the Oscar race.
Leo faced criticism for her ad, but defended it.
"This entire awards process to some degree is about pimping yourself out,” she told the New York Times. “I'm confident my fans will understand the ads were about showing a different side of myself."
The ad seems to have worked too - Leo won the Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for The Fighter.
The 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards air Sept. 18 on FOX.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR