Peet in survival mode for Emmerich's '2012'
Amanda Peet has landed the female lead in Roland Emmerich's epic disaster project "2012."
Peet is joining an ensemble cast led by John Cusack that includes Chiwetel Ejiofor, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover and Oliver Platt.
"2012" revolves around a global cataclysm and the heroic struggle of the survivors. Peet is playing Cusack's ex-wife, newly married to a wealthy man. Cusack plays a divorced father trying to become a writer while working as a limo driver.
Emmerich wrote the script with Harald Kloser, who is producing with Mark Gordon and Larry Franco. Emmerich also is executive producing with Michael Wimer and Ute Emmerich.
Columbia's Matt Tolmach and Rachel O'Connor are overseeing for the studio.
Barring an actors strike, the movie will shoot in July. The release date for "2012" is July 10, 2009.
Peet, repped by Gersh and Management 360, is shooting Nicole Holofcener's untitled comedy and will appear in the upcoming "The X-Files" movie. (partialdiff)
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
- Guess Which Rock Star Made This Painting
- Reggie Cameron: Making of 'Guess What?' With Cazwell and Luciana (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
- Gordy Grundy: Passion and Fearlessness Take Center Stage As Viggo Mortensen Receives The Dennis Hopper Award At The AMFM Fest
- Dave Tomar: Why Sweet Brown Is Better Than Chris Brown