Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem Welcome First Child, a Boy
Spanish celebrity magazine Hola reports Penelope Cruz gave birth to a boy on Saturday.
MADRID -- News that Penelope Cruz gave birth to a boy on Saturday, three days before husband Javier Bardem was nominated for his third Oscar, was reported by Spanish celebrity magazine Hola in an exclusive Wednesday.
Madrid representatives for Bardem and Cruz were unable to confirm the report.
"Have the parents said anything?" Bardem's mother asked a journalist for the Spanish news agency EFE when asked to comment. When told that they hadn't, she continued. "Then, I can't tell you anything either."
According to Spanish news reports, sources close to the family have confirmed the birth at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles.
Cruz's mother and siblings were on hand in Los Angeles to welcome the baby over the weekend, while Bardem's mother was spotted catching a flight to California at Madrid's Barajas airport on Monday, Hola reported
Rumors that Cruz was giving birth spread when Bardem didn't answer congratulatory phone calls following the announcement that he was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's Biutiful.
Cruz and Bardem protect their privacy.
"We value our privacy. It's very difficult for us to appear in public even though we're accustomed to receiving so much attention in Spain," Hola reported Bardem said just before the birth. "And it's even worse for Penelope, but she's fine."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress