'People Like Us' Trailer: Elizabeth Banks, Chris Pine Are Secret Siblings
A domestic dramedy based on a true story is the directorial debut of "Star Trek" co-writer Alex Kurtzman.
Watch this first look at People Like Us without sound, and it looks like a conventional romance. Turn up the volume, however, and all changes very, very quickly.
Starring Elizabeth Banks and Chris Pine, the film has the classic boy-meets-girl storyline, with even the added thirty-something single mother with the sweet son element. And yes, it's a love story, but not in the normal big screen way: Banks and Pine's characters are long-lost siblings, though only Pine knows it.
When their father dies, Pine is given $150,000 in inheritence, but must deliver money to Banks' child. Thus begins the courting, which leads to a re-evaluation of family and values and relationships.
The film is the directorial debut of Alex Kurtzman, who has worked with Pine on Star Trek, which he co-wrote. Kurtzman, in fact, is best known for his action/sci-fi fare, having scripted two Transformers films, Cowboys & Aliens, and Mission: Impossible III, as well. Co-starring Olivia Wilde and Michelle Pfeiffer, the film, which recently switched titles from the original Welcome to People, hits theaters on June 29.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)