Pete Berg, Liz Heldens Sell Western to NBC
The "Friday Night Lights" producers are creating a story told from a female point of view.
NBC has ordered a script for a western from Friday Night Lights' Pete Berg and Liz Heldens.
While details are being kept under wraps, it is billed as a western story told from a female point of view.
The project, which hails from Universal Media Studios and Berg's Film 44, counts Berg (Wonderland) and Sarah Aubrey (Friday Night Lights, Trauma) as executive producers. Heldens (Love Bites, Mercy) is attached to write and EP.
The project joins a cadre of small screen western efforts, including AMC's upcoming series Hell On Wheels, set during the building of the Union Pacific Railroad in the 1860s, and A&E pilot Longmire, about a widowed sheriff in Absaroka County, Wyoming.
More recently, TNT ordered Gateway, while ABC and CBS nabbed David Zabel's Gunslinger and James Mangold's Ralph Lamb, respectively.
Heldens is repped by ICM; Berg and Aubrey are repped by WME.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game