Peter Bennett-Jones to Get BAFTA Honor
Agent and producer and founder of Tiger Aspect Productions to be handed a special award in recognition of his services to comedy.
LONDON - Mr Bean and Vicar of Dibley creator Peter Bennett-Jones will be handed a special award in recognition of his services to comedy at the British Academy of Film and Television film awards on Sunday.
Agent and producer Bennett-Jones was the founder of Tiger Aspect Productions, one of the driving forces behind the careers of Rowan Atkinson, Lenniy Henry, Armando Iannuci and Eddie Izzard, who were also repped by his talent agencies PBJ and KBJ."Without Peter, British television would have been much less fun," said BAFTA TV chairman John Willis.
"He has developed and inspired some of the finest talents in comedy as well as masterminded one of our best known production companies."
Bennett Jones stepped back from Tiger Aspect earlier this year to devote himself to working with Comic Relief, the charity he founded with director Richard Curtis.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR