Peter Chernin Joins Twitter Board
"I've been a longtime user of Twitter for news & info," the former News Corp. executive tweeted.
Peter Chernin said Thursday that he has joined the board of directors at Twitter. Naturally, he broke the news by tweeting it to his 507 followers.
“I’ve been a long-time user of twitter for news & info. Happy to be joining board of this very exciting company,” Chernin tweeted from an account that was created two years ago, though this appears to be the first tweet sent from it.
Twitter confirmed with a company tweet reading: “Welcome, @PeterChernin, to Twitter’s board.”
Twitter had reportedly been interviewing top media executives since at least late September. A Twitter spokesman wouldn’t say Thursday whether the company seeks to add more media execs beyond Chernin, the former News Corp. president and COO and producer of films like Rise of the Planet of the Apes and such TV shows as New Girl.
Mike McCue, founder of Flipboard, a social-media applications company, vacated his seat on Twitter’s board this year.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR