Peter Chernin Joins Twitter Board
"I've been a longtime user of Twitter for news & info," the former News Corp. executive tweeted.
Peter Chernin said Thursday that he has joined the board of directors at Twitter. Naturally, he broke the news by tweeting it to his 507 followers.
“I’ve been a long-time user of twitter for news & info. Happy to be joining board of this very exciting company,” Chernin tweeted from an account that was created two years ago, though this appears to be the first tweet sent from it.
Twitter confirmed with a company tweet reading: “Welcome, @PeterChernin, to Twitter’s board.”
Twitter had reportedly been interviewing top media executives since at least late September. A Twitter spokesman wouldn’t say Thursday whether the company seeks to add more media execs beyond Chernin, the former News Corp. president and COO and producer of films like Rise of the Planet of the Apes and such TV shows as New Girl.
Mike McCue, founder of Flipboard, a social-media applications company, vacated his seat on Twitter’s board this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR