Peter Chernin Joins Twitter Board
"I've been a longtime user of Twitter for news & info," the former News Corp. executive tweeted.
Peter Chernin said Thursday that he has joined the board of directors at Twitter. Naturally, he broke the news by tweeting it to his 507 followers.
“I’ve been a long-time user of twitter for news & info. Happy to be joining board of this very exciting company,” Chernin tweeted from an account that was created two years ago, though this appears to be the first tweet sent from it.
Twitter confirmed with a company tweet reading: “Welcome, @PeterChernin, to Twitter’s board.”
Twitter had reportedly been interviewing top media executives since at least late September. A Twitter spokesman wouldn’t say Thursday whether the company seeks to add more media execs beyond Chernin, the former News Corp. president and COO and producer of films like Rise of the Planet of the Apes and such TV shows as New Girl.
Mike McCue, founder of Flipboard, a social-media applications company, vacated his seat on Twitter’s board this year.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least