Peter Fonda to Head Stockholm Film Festival Jury
The "Easy Rider" star will preside over a five-member jury that will pick the winners of the festival's Bronze Horse awards.
LONDON - Peter Fonda will head the jury of the 23rd Stockholm Film Festival, organizers said Monday.
Fonda, who became famous for co-writing and starring in Easy Rider, was named president of the jury that will be tasked with handing out the event's Bronze Horse awards.
The jury includes director Antonio Campo, of New York-based Borderline Films, whose sophomore film Simon Killer will screen in the festival's American Independent section.
Other jury members are Serbian filmmaker Srdjan Dragojevic, who has won a Bronze Horse twice and whose The Parade will air in the Open Zone section, and Swedish producer Anna Croneman of Bob Film whose resume boasts co-producer credits on Michael Winterbottom's The Killer Inside Me and The Monitor, starring Noomi Rapace.
Local writer Karolina Ramqvist, who is adapting her own debut novel The Girlfriend for the big screen and Swedish actress Malin Crepin, who won the festival's rising star award in 2009 for her turn in In Your Veins, round out the jury for the festival in the Swedish capital.
The festival run Nov. 7-18.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR