Former Fox, Discovery Top Executive Peter Liguori Joins Private Equity Firm Carlyle Group
He will serve as an operating executive on the company's telecommunications and media team.
Private equity firm Carlyle Group has named entertainment industry veteran Peter Liguori an operating executive for its telecommunications and media team.
The former Fox entertainment top executive, who most recently served as COO of Discovery Communications, will be based in New York.
In the role, Liguori will provide "strategic guidance to Carlyle professionals throughout the investment process, from sourcing to acquisition to exit, and advise portfolio company executives on management, operational and growth strategies," Carlyle said.
The company's telecommunications and media team oversees such current investments as one in TV ratings giant Nielsen.
Since 2001, Carlyle has invested more than $8 billion in telecom and media companies globally, according to its web site. This year, the group has been involved in the sale of movie theater chain AMC to China's Wanda Group.
“Peter is a seasoned executive who has run several important media businesses and understands how to create value," said James Attwood, Carlyle managing director and head of the firm's telecommunications and media team.
Said Liguori: “I am excited to work with Jim and his team given their record of value creation and deep knowledge of media and entertainment. I believe this is a good time to invest in the media sector.”
Prior to joining Discovery, Liguori spent 13 years at Fox as president and then chairman of entertainment for the Fox Broadcasting Co. where he was in charge of all Fox program development and marketing.
Liguori also recently joined the boards of Yahoo and MGM.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack