'Peter Pan' Prequel Making Its Way to Broadway
"Peter and the Starcatcher" will return in the spring.
The prequel to Peter Pan is making its way onto Broadway, the Associated Press reports.
Producers said that Peter and the Starcatcher will make its debut in the spring. The play, from Disney, was last performed off-Broadway at the New York Theatre Workshop earlier this year and earned five Drama Desk nominations.
Written by Tony Award nominee Rick Elice and co-directed by Roger Rees and Alex Timbers, 12 actors will play roughly 50 different characters in the production. Peter and the Starcatcher is based on the book of the same name by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson.
The cast and venue will be announced shortly.
Watch a clip from Peter and the Starcatcher:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)