Peter Tolan's 'Council of Dads' Casts the Kids
Landry Bender and Griffin Gluck join Diane Farr and Ken Howard in the Fox comedy pilot.
Landry Bender has landed a starring role in Peter Tolan’s Fox pilot Council of Dads, based on Bruce Feiler’s memoir about his efforts to enlist his male friends to become a “council of dads” to his two young children after learning he has terminal cancer.
Additionally, Griffin Gluck will play her older brother.
Diane Farr, who appeared in Tolan and Denis Leary’s Rescue Me, stars as mom Catherine. Bender will play Mykala, her “startlingly articulate youngest child, who like her mother is not quite sure about her five new fathers,” according to the logline.
The actors playing the surrogate fathers are Rick Gomez (Justified), Patrick Breen (Eli Stone), Kyle Bornheimer (Perfect Couples) and Richard T. Jones (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles).
Ken Howard has been cast of the father of the real dad. Brothers Anthony and Joe Russo (Community, Arrested Development) will direct the pilot, which is set up at Sony.
Bender stars in this summer’s 20th Century Fox feature The Sitter opposite Jonah Hill. She’s repped by Matt Fletcher at Greene & Associates and Jamie Malone at MC Talent Management.
Gluck is repped by Abrams Artists Agency and James/Levy Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing