Peter Weir Joins Dubai Film Festival Jury
The six-time Oscar nominee will join German filmmaker Emily Atef and actor Amr Waked in December.
LONDON – Director Peter Weir, actor Amr Waked, German filmmaker Emily Atef, Lebanese filmmaker Ghassan Salhab and Moroccan film critic Hamid Aidouni will be on jury duty at this year’s Dubai International Film Festival.
The jury, headed by the six time Academy award nominee Weirm, will choose the winner from the Muhr Arab features from the festival lineup.
DIFF artistic director Masoud Amralla Al Ali said: “We are honored to have the support of eminent film personalities from around the world to evaluate the submissions for the Muhr Awards.”
The festival runs Dec. 7-14.
The festival is home to three competitions: the Muhr Arab, Muhr Asia Africa and Muhr Emirati, singling out the best short films, documentaries and feature fiction films from each domain.
DIFF 2011 will screen 171 films from 56 nations representing national, regional and world cinema.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'