Peter Weir Joins Dubai Film Festival Jury
The six-time Oscar nominee will join German filmmaker Emily Atef and actor Amr Waked in December.
LONDON – Director Peter Weir, actor Amr Waked, German filmmaker Emily Atef, Lebanese filmmaker Ghassan Salhab and Moroccan film critic Hamid Aidouni will be on jury duty at this year’s Dubai International Film Festival.
The jury, headed by the six time Academy award nominee Weirm, will choose the winner from the Muhr Arab features from the festival lineup.
DIFF artistic director Masoud Amralla Al Ali said: “We are honored to have the support of eminent film personalities from around the world to evaluate the submissions for the Muhr Awards.”
The festival runs Dec. 7-14.
The festival is home to three competitions: the Muhr Arab, Muhr Asia Africa and Muhr Emirati, singling out the best short films, documentaries and feature fiction films from each domain.
DIFF 2011 will screen 171 films from 56 nations representing national, regional and world cinema.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR