PGA Names Best Documentary Nominees
1:20 PM PST 11/26/2013 by THR Staff
The Producers Guild awards will be held Jan. 19 at the Beverly Hilton.
The Producers Guild of America has announced the nominees for Best Documentary.
The five nominated films are Kristi Jacobson and Lori Silverbush's A Place at the Table, which looks at hunger in America; Brad Bernstein's Far Out Isn't Far Enough: The Tomi Ungerer Story, a potrait of the children's book author and illustrator; Sean Fine and Andrea Nix's Life According to Sam, which tells the story of a family with a child battling the disease progeria; Alex Gibney's We Steal Secrets: The Story of Wikileaks, which reports on Julian Assange and his battles; and Sebastian Junger's Which Way Is the Front Line From Here? The Life and Time of Tim Hetherington, which focuses on the noted war photographer who was killed in Libya.
The PGA's TV series/specials and digital series nominees will be announced on Dec. 3. All other nominations for the 2014 Producers Guild Award categories will be announced on Jan. 2, along with the names of the eligible producers for the nominated documentary motion pictures.
The guild's awards dinner will be held Jan. 19.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR